Cosmetic, Skin and Personal Care Testing
At the 5D Health Protection Group we have extensive expertise in claim support and product release for the skin care, cosmetics and personal care industries. In particular we carry out testing for companies to assist them with compliance with the Cosmetic Regulation (EC) 1223/2009. This regulation includes preservative sfficacy testing, stability and batch release testing. We also support our customers and at all the stages involved in the product development process.
The cosmetics Regulations (EC) 1223/2009 governs the quality and safety of cosmetics and personal care products in reference to microbial contamination. Microbial contamination is considered a fundamental issue in the whole supply chain from raw material testing to the final product. 5D are able to undertake an array of different microbiological tests including:
- Total viable counts (TVCs)
- Challenge testing (preservative efficacy testing)
- Anti-inflammatory ability
- Stability and compatibility testing
- Microbial contamination monitoring
- Microbial identification and microbiome studies.