What are cookies?
A cookie is a small text file containing an identifier (a string of letters and numbers) that is stored on your computer, tablet, mobile or other device by websites that you visit so that the device can be recognised at a later time. Cookies can be used by web servers to identify and track users as they navigate different pages on a website, and to identify users returning to a website. Cookies are widely used in order to make websites work or work more efficiently and also to provide information on visitor behavior by the website owner. Cookies may be either “persistent” cookies or “session” cookies.
A session cookie will expire at the end of the user session when the web browser is closed.
A persistent cookie consists of a text file sent by a web server to a web browser, which will be stored by the browser and will remain valid until its set expiry date (unless deleted by the user before that date).
For further information about cookies please visit www.aboutcookies.org
Cookies do not contain any information that personally identifies you, but personal information that we store about you may be linked, by us, to the information stored in and obtained from cookies.
We may use the information we obtain from your use of our cookies for the following purposes:
- To recognise your computer, tablet, mobile or other device when you visit our website;
- To track your device as it navigates our website;
- To analyse the use of our website; and
- In the administration of our website.
During your visit to our website you may notice some cookies that are not related to us. This typically takes the form of embedded content from websites such as YouTube and social media bookmarks. When you visit a page with content embedded from such websites and opt to interact with such content you will be presented with cookies from them. We do not control the dissemination of these cookies and you should check the third-party websites for further information.
Most browsers allow you to manage or block cookies. For example:
- In Internet Explorer you can manage cookies by clicking “Tools”, “Internet Options”, “Privacy”, and select the option you want using the sliding selector.
- In Google Chrome you can block all cookies by clicking “Settings”, “Preferences”, “Privacy”, “Block cookies”, and selecting the option you want.
- In Safari you can block all cookies by clicking “Settings”, “Preferences”, “Privacy”, “Block cookies”, and selecting the option you want.
- In other browsers please consult the “Help” information within your browser for information on how to manage or block cookies.
Please be aware that blocking all cookies may have a negative effect on the usability of many websites
Cookies that are already stored on your computer, tablet, mobile or other device can be deleted. Please consult information within your browser for information on how to delete cookies.
This website is owned and operated by 5D Health Protection Group Ltd.